So I was watching TV a few days ago and an ad comes on for Nugenix Total T (Check Price Section for Best Price). In the ad, they state that your total and free testosterone can be boosted using their product. I’m already skeptical of ALL testosterone boosters and they always make it sound like you can see big increases in your numbers. Is that really the case though? To be honest, it’s not with most test boosters on the market. Read a general break down of test boosters in an earlier blog post.
So the Nugenix Total T sparked my interest which caused me to take a look at the ingredients to see what makes it different than most others I’ve looked at. I don’t want to place judgment on the product until I’ve had a chance to look at what is in it and then investigate each ingredient and the science behind them.
What’s In Nugenix Total T?
Nugenix Total T includes 8 different ingredients that are said the be scientifically formulated to increase total T, free T along with boosting energy, strength, muscle and endurance. They also mention spicing up your love life as well.
Let’s take a look at a break down of the ingredients found in Total T from Nugenix to see what the science says. We will be using Examine.com for our science review of the ingredients which will allow us to quickly see study results based on the claims being made.
Nugenix Total T Ingredients
- Vitamin B6 – Vitamin B6 really doesn’t have a lot of uses in this product or in general. It is usually included in vitamins or Vitamin B complexes but it just doesn’t have a lot of science backing any of it’s uses. Checking it out on Examine.com, I found some information stating that it COULD help with growth hormone, which could lead to better muscle and strength gains. However, science is limited. Most B vitamins are known for increases energy and B6 could, although unlikely aid in energy production. 
- Vitamin B12 – Vitamin B12 is widely known to help with energy levels
- Zinc – Zinc has been said to increase hormone production, linked to increasing testosterone. This is generally only true in men who have a deficiency in Zinc to being with. It has also been shown to prevent a decline in testosterone production in individuals who are training very heavy or even overtrained. 
- L-Citrulline Malate – L-Citrulline Malate has been shown to increase circulation and also endurance. This can also lead to an improvement in erectile dysfunction, but the research is somewhat limited on that specific topic . Commonly found in pre-workout supplements to assist in muscle endurance and pumps in the gym as well.
- Fenugreek Extract – Fenugreek is a common ingredient in many testosterone boosting supplements. The brand used in Nugenix Total T is Testofen. There is 1 study that does show an increase to testosterone but there are also conflicting studies. More research is needed to fully understand the impact that it has on hormone production. 
- elevATP Blend – elevATP is a combination of Ancient Peat Extract and Apple Fruit Extract. This blend has been shown in studies to increase ATP production, ATP is the energy used during exercise and performance activities .
- Eurycoma Longifolia Extract – Also know as LongJack, has been shown to increase testosterone production in men who have hypogonadism. I couldn’t find any studies on otherwise healthy males, just those who have this disorder which causes low testosterone. LongJack has also been shown to assist with erections and libido as well. 
- Boron – I have never seen Boron in a test booster until Nugenix Total T. After looking into it a bit, Boron does show increasing in testosterone according to some studies. 
Nugenix Total T Dosage
Dosage is extremely important when it comes to supplements and test boosters. Many companies will hide behind proprietary blends to mask how much of each ingredient they include. This is not the case with Nugenix Total T though. They put the totals right on the label, so let’s take a look at the important ingredients for the purpose of boosting testosterone.
- Nugenix Total T Dosage – 3 pills once a day, you get 30 servings of 3 pills in a bottle
- Fenugreek Extract – 600mg Testofen – This is actually the recommended dosage for testosterone boost effects shown in studies .
- Eurycoma Longifolia Extract – 100mg – Most research suggests that 200mg or more is effective so the amount of LongJack included in Nugenix Total T could be increased for better results based on studies .
- Boron – 10mg – 10mg is the suggested dose to increase testosterone based on the studies .
Nugenix Total T Price
Let’s talk price, Nugenix Total T is quite expensive in comparison to other test boosters that are similar in quality.
- Nugenix Total T – Official Site Price is $69.99 Better price found on Amazon $64
- Super Test by Beast Sports – Amazon Price $51
- Prime-T by RSP Nutrition – Amazon Price $22
- Barracuda by MTS Nutrition – Amazon Price $35
Nugenix Total T Review Conclusion
As with all testosterone boosters, the results are going to be somewhat limited. If you have a health issue that is causing your testosterone to be really low, these boosters are not going to bring you up to the high levels that you’re probably looking for. In order to do that, you will probably need to correct the underlying issue or be placed on testosterone replacement therapy, also known as TRT. We have a comprehensive guide to TRT available here on MyFitClient.
However, if you don’t have a medical condition that is leading to your low testosterone then test booster may provide some benefit. Assuming that you have the extra funds available to spend on a supplement that isn’t 100% necessary. These boosters may also help you if you have a deficiency in minerals like zinc as well. Then again, a standard multivitamin aimed at men could also help with this for far less money.
In comparison to other test boosters on the market though, Nugenix Total T does provide the added benefit of boron in addition to the common ingredients found in other test boosters. It could be a viable option if this is what you’re looking for. I would also consider trying some of the other lower priced options as they offer similar ingredient profiles.
If you need to, you can add Boron to a supplement or vitamin that you’re already taking for very little cost in comparison. Amazon has many different varieties of Boron available for purchase.